Traditional village Seixal tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal, Lisbon
Visit Seixal, a unique destination, 30 minutes away from Lisbon’s downtown. Cruise on comfortable and fast boat. Seixal is a traditional village where you can visit:
- From the boat you will discover the beautiful and quiet Bay of Seixal : a National Ecological Reserve, the Bay stands out for its biodiversity and scenic beauty.
- Quinta da Fidalga: built in the 15th century, Quinta da Fidalga is one of the most famous agricultural estates of the region. The Quinta is composed of several gardens and hosts a collection of Portuguese tiles "azulejos" by the architect Raul Lino.
- Seixal municipality museum centre: it integrates five museums and manages three traditional boats. Most noticeable are the Ecomuseu (conservation of the heritage and the environment), the old Mundet factory (an old cork factory explaining the process of making cork), and the Maritime museum (old shipyard building tradtional boats).
- 10:00 am: Departure from Cais do Sodré or Doca de Santo Amaro
- 30 minutes cruise past Praca do Comerco and across the river, into the bay of Seixal.
- Arrival at Seixal fishing dock
- Visit of the museums and the Quinta da Fidalga.
- 13:00hrs: lunch at the restaurant "Lisboa a Vista": a traditional small cruise ship converted into a cozy restaurant. The owners will offer you a Welcome drink and then a delicious traditional meal.
- Walk in the historical centre of old Seixal
- Wine tasting and a traditional appetizer (cod cake) at “100 Peneiras” restaurant.
- 15:45hrs Departure from Seixal
- 16:15hrs back to Lisbon