Seixal Traditional Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal, Lisbon
Visit Seixal, a unique destination, 30 minutes away from Lisbon’s downtown. Seixal is a traditional village, where you can visit:
- From the boat, you will discover the beautiful and quiet Bay of Seixal: a National Ecological Reserve. The Bay stands out for its biodiversity and scenic beauty.
- Quinta da Fidalga: built in the 15th century, Quinta da Fidalga is one of the most famous agricultural estates of the region. The Estate is composed of several gardens and hosts a collection of Portuguese tiles "azulejos" by the architect Raul Lino.
- Seixal municipality museum centre: it integrates five museums and manages three traditional boats. Most noticeable are the Ecomuseu (conservation of the heritage and the environment), the old Mundet factory (an old cork factory where you can learn about the process of making cork), and the Maritime museum (old shipyard building of traditional boats).
- 10am: Departure from Cais do Sodré;
- 30 minutes cruise past Praça do Comércio and across the river, into the bay of Seixal;
- Arrival at Seixal fishing dock;
- Free time to visit the museums, Quinta da Fidalga and walk in the historical center of Seixal;
- 3:30pm: Departure from Seixal;